Infinity Energy’s Pros and Cons of Solar Energy
Infinity Energy is committed to offering the highest quality solar power services for NY, NJ, and CT. Many energy customers want to embrace a greener lifestyle and reduce their dependence on non-renewable sources of energy. Switching or supplementing their home with solar energy is a fantastic solution to saving money and lowering energy usage. We’ve helped thousands of people make the easy switch to solar power. The first thing to do is consider the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy. We’ll walk you through the decision-making process. Our professional insight and assistance are available to Bergen County, Orange County, Rockland County, Middlesex County, Essex County, Union County, Morris County, and Passaic County, NJ residents.
Advantages of Solar Energy
Solar energy is a popular choice for many homes wanting to save on energy costs. The most significant benefits of solar energy include:
- Free Energy –Most homeowners pay their electric bill and for oil and natural gas to heat their homes. After your initial installation and any future maintenance costs, solar energy is completely free.
- Completely Renewable –Fossil fuels like oil are not renewable like solar energy. As long as the sun shines, solar energy is produced. Our system has an IQ Microinverter that provides power during
- Environmentally-Friendly –Unlike fossil fuels, solar energy does not produce greenhouse gasses that destroy the ozone layer in the Earth’s atmosphere. The emissions produced from fossil fuels produce air pollution and by-products that are destructive to the environment.
- Life Expectancy –The life expectancy of solar panels can be up to 40 years. Most come with a manufacturer’s warranty of at least 25 years, while oil or natural gas furnaces last about 15 years.
- Easy Installation –There is no need for cords, wires, or power sources during your solar power system installation. Solar panels are typically easy to install, unlike geothermal or wind power stations.
Disadvantages of Solar Energy
We understand there are some disadvantages to consider when choosing solar power. We will help you determine if solar energy is the best choice for your home. The disadvantages of solar energy include:
- Initial Investment – Many homeowners fear the initial investment of solar energy. The good news is that you can receive tax initiatives, rebates, and subsidy programs from the government or utility companies to help with these costs.
- Location – The ideal location for solar panels is on a south-facing roof to benefit most from the sun’s exposure. Surrounding trees or other homes that block the exposure to your roof will reduce the amount of sunlight that reaches the solar panels.
- Weather Issues – Solar panels do not benefit your home during cloudy or dark days. We do have an IQ Microinverter to ensure you stay powered up during daytime outages to combat the cloudy days.
- Uses a Lot of Space – The more solar panels on your roof, the more electricity they produce for your home. Solar panels require a large amount of space, so it’s important your roof is large enough to fit the number of solar panels you need.
Contact Infinity Energy Today!
Our expert team will help you find the best solar panels for your home. We’re passionate about helping you save money and reduce energy usage. Our solar energy system is designed with IQ batteries and the IQ Microinverter to ensure you’re always in power. Our IQ mobile app can also monitor and control your energy system. Check out our solar calculator to estimate your savings if you want a solar power cost estimate. We also have an online gallery to view our highly aesthetic solar panels. Contact us today to learn more about your solar energy options.