Our Latest Solar Opening: Field Service Technician
Infinity Energy has been leading the NY solar revolution one home at a time. We’ve been specializing in the design, financing and delivery of affordable home solar since 2007.
The Solar Field Service Technician will provide service, maintenance and warranty remediation and commissioning for installed photovoltaic inverters and monitoring. This position will be responsible for servicing customers located in Orange County and Rockland County, NY
- Perform field service to ensure 99% up time.
- Diagnose and repair faulted inverters.
- Troubleshoot issues with mechanical and electromechanical.
- Conduct annual periodic maintenance inspections.
- Keep maintenance records of findings.
- Assist with developing maintenance programs.
- Perform start-up and commissioning for new PV inverter installations.
- Inspect physical installation (wiring, connections and mechanical condition).
- Power up, set all required parameters and ensure proper operation.
- Monitor performance and efficiency levels.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction levels by providing excellent customer service.
- Provide accurate and timely product service reports.
Requirements & Skills
- Must be customer oriented with professional demeanor.
- Frequent travel to and from customer locations – daily/monthly.
- Must have knowledge of Modbus serial and Ethernet communications.
- 2 year technical degree and 2-5 years industry work experience with inverters is a plus but not necessary.
- Great interpersonal, oral and written skills are required.
- Requires analytical and quantitative skills.
Interested in joining our team? Fill out the form to the right and let us know why you’d be a good fit.