Our Latest Solar Opening: Solar PV Engineer
Infinity Energy has been leading the NY solar revolution one home at a time. We’ve been specializing in the design, financing and delivery of affordable home solar since 2007.
We’ve been experiencing explosive growth and are looking for an experienced and talented individual to contribute to our engineering department.
The Solar PV engineer will provide site-specific analysis of solar projects as well as take the lead in the design of unique solar systems for residential and commercial customers. The Solar PV Engineer will possess strong communication skills and maintain a good relationship with the sales, operations and engineering departments.
- Developing and maintaining a strong professional relationship with Site Surveyors, Operations and Sales departments.
- Generating a pre-sale proposal of viable residential solar systems for the sales team to generate quotes for customers.
- Processing of site assessment data for final system design, including shading, structural and electrical analysis.
- Calculating structural reinforcement for installation specific roofs, including sistered rafters and/or knee walls.
- Creating structural diagrams with required material details for solar PV system installations in accordance with National Building Codes, utility interconnection requirements and local building departments as necessary.
- Evaluating final permit plans and effective communication between the sales, engineering and operations departments.
- 1+ years of solar or photovoltaic experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCad and PVSYST.
- Experience in solar analysis, residential PV system design, NEC electrical code.
- Knowledge of residential roof structures and construction methods
- Experience with Load Analysis and Structural Reinforcement calculations.
- Ability to manage time and resources in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise to lead and train internal engineering staff.
- NY or NJ Professional Engineer License required.
Interested in joining our rapidly growing team? Fill out the form to the right and let us know why you’d be a good fit.